Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: PS2 Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    PS2 Help

    My PS2 just stopped working the other day...It will read the disk for about 2 seconds then quit and won't load any games....I tried using the aerosol air for electronics thinking dust might have been the reason it stopped, but I am very mechanically unknowledgeable....can anyone help me out and why it isn't working? If I have to buy a new one, I will but kinda tight on $$ right now, so any help would greatly be appreciated...thanks guys

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    take the 6/8 screws out to remove the top of the ps 2......then remove the screws that hold in the disc tray. After you remove that(you will need a mini screwdriver for those screws) you will see the laser. Take a qutip and dip it into alcohol, then gently clean the laser. If the games still wont work, most likely the laser has just worn out and you pretty much will either have to get a laser replacement or get a new system. I would say a new system because the laser is over 50 dollars and the install would probably be as much. If there is anyway you can take it back to where you got it for a replacement, that would be the best thing to do. Dont let them send it back to Japan, it will take forever for you to get it back. Try to fix it yourself first with what I told you. Its really easy, you just need to get access to the laser.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PVBaseball_15_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    be careful when u take the top off because of the wiring where the reset button and eject button are connected... if u rip that wire, u'll either have to buy a new ps2 or get a flat wire from another ps2 just to start it...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member luvLPDsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    327
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    yeah, be CAREFUL when you take the top off because of the wires inside. make sure you remember where everything is placed before you proceed.
    [img]http://softball.hnrc.tufts.edu/league/teams/psychology/images/emanski_mcgriff.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    thanks guys, I appreciate the help....I took the top of last week and tried cleanin it, but I didn't take the disk tray off, b/c I couldn't find a small enough screwdriver at my g/f's house...so I will try that today and clean the laser....once again thanx

    I'm thinking I have burnt the thing up b/c I would leave it on for days at a time....that might be one possiblilty, but I'll try to clean the laser and if it don't work, I guess i'll get a new PS2...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    just solve all problems and buy an xbox [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PVBaseball_15_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    nah, xbox has a lot of trouble with the disc drive to where the games will freeze during loading... i've had to buy a new disc drive because of it, but im still having a lot of trouble with the harddrive as well for online game playing... causes some lag. Xbox is good, but not free [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    and don't forget to unplug the PS2.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    Is there a PS3 in the making?
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PVBaseball_15_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 Help

    yea, been in the making for a while now... not coming out til next year around christmas i believe, probly next november to be exact...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •